Purpose and scope
- Information urb.im gathers and tracks
- Personal information
- Aggregated tracking information
- "Do Not Track" and Internet tracking opt-out
- Third-party cookies and advertising
- Notification of changes
- How to update, correct, or delete your information
Information URB.im gathers and tracks
The urb.im web site collects two kinds of information about users: 1) data that users volunteer by signing up to create an account, commenting and interacting with other members of the urb.im community, or communicating with the urb.im team; and 2) aggregated tracking data that we collect when users interact with the urb.im web site.
We use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send information you request, to validate newly created accounts and enable system messages and notifications to reach you, and to identify you in online discussions threads and other interactions with the urb.im community. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us:
- When you sign up online to create an account on urb.im, you provide your username, your email address, and an account password. (You also have the option of providing a picture and other relevant information.) An email message will be sent to confirm the email address and the account registration request.
- When you submit a comment to a discussion thread after signing in to an urb.im user account (authenticating), your username will be displayed with your comment.
- When you submit a comment to a discussion thread without signing in to an urb.im user account, you will be asked to provide a name and email address; the name you give will be displayed with your comment.
- When you send a message to the urb.im team using an online contact form, you will be asked to provide a name and email address to faciliate our reply.
- We never sell or rent your email address or other personally identifiable information you provide us under any of these circumstances.
We do not share user information with outside individuals or organizations except as described below:
- Third parties we might hypothetically retain to perform technical or operational functions involving personal information on our behalf are restricted from using that information for any other purpose.
- We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dallant Networks, our users, or others.
Aggregated tracking information
We analyze visitors' use of our sites by tracking information such as pageviews, traffic flow, search terms, and clickthrough. We use this information to improve our sites. We also share this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form with funders and other strategic partners. We do not share any information in such cases that can identify an individual user.
We use Google Analytics, a third party web analytics service offered by Google, to improve our web site performance and user experience. We use this information to improve usability on our sites and to help support our users' online needs. Google Analytics does not receive or reveal any personally identifiable information, such as names or email address.
We do not display advertisements or use third-party ad servers or cookies on the urb.im platform.
You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies or to block cookies. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain site features or functions.
"Do Not Track" and Internet tracking opt-out
The urb.im web site uses Google Analytics, a third-party service offered by Google, to generate detailed statistics about site traffic and traffic sources in order to understand our users' needs better and make the platform more useful to our users and the communities they serve. As explained above, we do not use or share this information in any way that would compromise your privacy. Because we respect our users' individual choices with respect to privacy and personally identifiable information (PII), however, we have configured the urb.im web site to respond to web browser "Do Not Track" signals so as to give our users the option to opt out of internet tracking. Specifically, if you are logged in to your account and the web server receives the Do-Not-Track header from your browser, the web server will not embed any tracking code into the pages you visit on the urb.im web site; if you are not logged in to your account, of course, your account information will not be associated with your visit.
How to update, correct, or delete your information
Email: To update or unsubscribe from our services, notifications, or announcements, go to urb.im/contact and use the contact form to send an email message to the urb.im team.